There is no diphtheria vaccine alone. Form or in the form of adult children, including tetanus toxoid and pertussis vaccine or a binary with that triple (mixed) are used as vaccines. Again, to be implemented in childhood diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and are in the form of five protects against Hib vaccines combined.
- Content diphtheria in childhood diphtheria vaccine is more than content in the adult type diphtheria vaccine.
- Children older than 7 years old adult type diphtheria tetanus vaccine should be administered.
- Diphtheria vaccine for children; diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (combination vaccine) or diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, as Hib five combined vaccine to start children 2 months of age, 2, 4 and 6 months in three doses (three doses with an interval of one or two months) and it following 12 months after the third dose (18 months) made a total of four doses are applied with a repeat dose.
- 7 years older children and adults with primary intermediate 2-dose vaccination for a month and the second dose is recommended to apply a total of 3 doses with a booster after 6-12 months.
- Diphtheria vaccine provided with protective antibody titers over time with an adult type diphtheria tetanus booster every 10 years will decline should be applied.
- Diphtheria can pass the disease to provide lifetime protection against the disease. They must also pass the so diphtheria immunization.