Endoscopy and Gastroenterology
Examining the empty organs, with the help of a soft, bendable, high-resolution camera and light source at its end is called gastroscope and a colonoscope, is so called Endoscopy.
Gastroscopy is the examination of gastrointestinal system, gastrointestinal tract, examination of stomach and twelve fingers.
Colonoscopy is the examination of small intestine and large intestine after twelve fingers.
Gastroscopy and colonoscopy are very useful in many gastrointestinal system diseases in which we can not definitively diagnose by ultrasonography, MR, computerized tomography.
WHEN GASTROSCOPY IS NEEDED?
• Unexplained recurrent abdominal pain,
• Swallowing difficulty,
• Weight loss, anemia,
• Nausea, vomiting, swelling,
• Oral bleeding,
• Dark black stool,
• Burning in the stomach area, sourness, bitterness,
• Intraoral injuries,
• Feeling stuck in the food pipe,
• Chronic liver diseases,
• Patients who have previously had gastric polyp cancer, ulcer, operation,
• Those who have a family history of gastrointestinal cancer,
• Patients at risk for biopsy results should have gastroscopy.
WHEN COLONOSCOPY IS NEEDED?
• Rectal bleeding,
• Follow-up and treatment of intestinal polyps,
• Unexplained abdominal pain,
• Story of colon cancer (cancer)
• Unexplained weight loss,
• Iron deficiency anemia,
• The operation of bowel cancer surgery,
• Secret blood positivity in stools,
• Bloody, mucous defecation,
• Crohn, follow-up and treatment of C. vulgaris disease,
• thinning of stools, defecation like goat scum,
• It is a feeling of defecation and can not be excreted when going to the toilet,
• Every healthy person over 50 years of age,
• Changes in bowel movements over age 40 (constipation, diarrhea attacks),
• Those with stenosis and filling defects in the bowel chart should definitely undergo colonoscopy.
Doctors of Endoscopy Department
Dr. Mübeccel GÜMRAH
Dr. Kasım ÇAĞLAYAN